Solar Dock Post Lights
Tired of searching for your dock at night? Brighten and make it stand out with Solar Dock Post Lights! The lights come installed with white LEDs but additional colored LEDs can be purchased separately. (See the tab for Accessories & Spare Parts) Choose from 6 LED colors to distinguish your dock from your neighbor's in the dark! Maybe you want show your team spirit? Attractively illuminate any pier with Solar Dock Post Lights in one of our exciting color choices! Solar Dock Post Lights add a classy touch to illuminating any dock or pier.
During the day, the solar panel collects the sun's energy and charges the easily replaceable, but long-lasting batteries. At night, Solar Dock Lights' sensor automatically turns on the super bright LED. With multiple units your dock will provide an elegantly lit pathway. This unit is hands free and energy efficient. Run time is 18+ hours on a full charge and is significantly brighter and of much higher quality than conventional solar garden lights. Simple to install in just minutes! Optional colored LED's can change the appearance; red, blue, green, yellow, warm white, white and orange will offer a unique glow to any dock.
Round Base Fits:
Brock Dock Post Covers
Square Base Fits:
2x2" 5-Sided Square
Brock Dock Post Covers
Rectangle Base Fits:
1-1/2" x 2" Rectangle
Brock Dock Post Covers
Solar Dock Post Lights Key Features & Benefits:
18 Hour Run Time
Fresh Water Rated
LED Color Options
I am writing to tell you how much I love your products, specifically the Solar Dock Lites that mount on a pole. I am a commercial fisherman in Alaska, and operate a salmon fishery in a remote bay on Kodiak...
I am writing to tell you how much I love your products, specifically the Solar Dock Lites that mount on a pole. I am a commercial fisherman in Alaska, and operate a salmon fishery in a remote bay on Kodiak Island. Our camp is completely off grid, and we face west into the Shelikof Strait, between Kodiak Island and the Alaska mainland. I have 2 small vessels that are kept on-anchor in the ocean When stormy winds pound us, it is hard to stand on the wind-whipped beach in the dark (while avoiding bears) and visualize if my boats are still there. Also, proper navigation rules include that all boats on anchor have a white light alerting other vessels to it's presence. I do not want to drain the batteries in my boats and have tried several brands of solar lights. The marine environment can be harsh, and I have gone through several lights that did not last, including ones listed for marine use. Then-I found your site, ordered the Solar Dock Lites, attached them to the poles on my skiffs, and am thrilled!!
I am using the Dock lights (described for lakes?) as they are perfect for the aluminum poles we use in our skiffs. I purchased some for myself, and some for a neighbor camp who also loves them. I also ordered the Marine light, but the flat bottom mount does not fit anywhere on my skiff. It would probably work for others in my bay who have different designs, but the Dock light has worked great for me. I did mount the marine light on a post on my beach where it's visibility is wonderful for returning to the beach in the dark. I prefer the visibility of the Solar Dock Lites over your marine light out in the water, it seems to show better, perhaps because of the white housing? One of our tenders (large boats we deliver our fish to) commented that when he towed a skiff with your Dock light on it that it was really helpful to glance off the back deck and keep a visual on the boat to make sure all was good.
I will attach some photos of my skiffs in the water at dusk so you can see how I am using them. If no one has considered using these Dock lights for their small boats, maybe my comments can help expand a new sales direction. Perhaps others already use them this way, I have no idea. I brag about them when we have bay-wide gatherings on the fishing grounds, and have received many interested comments. The design and quality of these Dock lights are spectacular, even as listed for lake docks they are so moisture resistant that they work well in our marine environment here in Alaska. I will most likely come up with uses for some of your other products down the road. but wanted to say how much I LOVE your Dock lights.
|Solar Dock Post Lights Characteristics|
|Light Source||1 Ultra High Intensity LED|
|Lumens Output||12 Lumens* (Varies with Color & Settings)|
|Available LED Colors||White, Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Orange|
|Light Mode Options||Constant|
|Horizontal Output (Degrees)||360°|
|Vertical Divergence (Degrees)||N/A|
|LED Life Expectancy (Hours)||>100,000 Hrs|
|Autonomy (hours)||16-20 hrs* (On Full Charge)|
|Temperature Range||-10 to 70℃|
|Solar Module Type||Multicrystaline or Monocrystalline|
|Power (watts)||0.60 watts|
|Solar Module Efficiency (%)||16-17%|
|Battery Type||High Grade NiCd or NiMh - ECO Friendly|
|Battery Size||1 x AA|
|Battery Capacity (mAhr)||1000 mAhr (Suggested: larger)|
|Nominal Voltage (v)||1.2v/ Battery|
|Battery Service Life||1-3 Years (Varies with Environment)|
|Battery Service Access||Yes: User Changeable/Replaceable|
|Body Material||UV Stabilized Polycarbonate|
|Lens Material||UV Stabilized Polycarbonate|
|External Lens Design||N/A|
|Internal Lens Design||360° Lenticular|
|Waterproof Rating||IP 65|
|Mounting||Fits Over Post (See Attached for Sizing)|
|Custom Options, Sizes, & Colors||Please Contact|
|Custom Hardware & Mounting||Please Contact|
|* Information subject to change without notice|
Do they come with batteries?
- Yes, Solar Dock Post Lights come with high quality, high capacity solar rechargeable batteries that have an expected life of 2 or more years.
Are the batteries replaceable?
- Yes, the batteries are can be replaced. We recommend using only Lake Lite’s solar rechargeable batteries, which are available on our website for this product under the “Accessories & Spare Parts Tab”.
Do Solar Dock Post Lights come with a set screw to secure the base to the post?
- Yes, they come with a set screw.
How should they be stored for the winter?
- Remove batteries after a full day of solar charging, then store in a dry location. We recommend storing the batteries and screws in a zip-lock storage bag so that no parts are lost.
Are they actually “Waterproof” or are they just water resistant? Will they withstand heavy rain? Are they submersible?
- Solar Dock Post Lights are truly waterproof and can tolerate heavy downpours. However, they are NOT submersible for any long period of time. The LEDs are changeable, thus the contacts are exposed if the light is submerged. Should the light be submerged, clean off the contacts (wires extending from the LED) with clean water and spray them with WD-40. All other components including the battery is waterproof and sealed if you have tightened the battery cover securely.
Troubleshooting: My lights did not come on after a day of solar charging? What is the problem?
- First, make sure that the battery is securely in place.
- Second, be sure to allow the units to charge in direct sunlight for a day to achieve optimum performance. Although the provided batteries are new, sometimes they lose charge while in the box. It is best to charge the lights for a full day outside in direct sunlight. They cannot be charged inside on a window sill. They need to be placed outside in direct sunlight.
- Third, make sure that the units have been placed in an area where they receive direct sunlight. Placing a solar product in a shady area will result in little or no solar recharging of the batteries which will dramatically reduce the lighting time.